Thursday, February 13, 2014

They Send All the Cool Girls to Mesa

Here you are, you've found your way to yet another Sister Missionary's blog. 
I'm not expecting to change the world or anything, but hopefully one person will benefit from something I write.
My name is Sister Sparhawk, I'm currently serving a full-time mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Arizona Mesa Mission.
I am originally from Boise, Idaho. I attended one semester at BYU-Idaho before coming on my mission, studying Exercise Physiology. I love my dog, ice cream, and health food. I also collect pictures of strangers in their cars while they sit at red lights. What can I say, I live big.
Right now I'm serving in the Highgroves YSA Ward in Mesa, AZ. YSA is an acronym for Young Single Adults, so I work with everyone from 18-31 who isn't married. I don't want to brag, but I will anyways. I'm serving in the best ward in Mesa! I have been in the ward for a little over 4 months and I am not looking forward to the day I have to leave!
This is me and my companion, Sister Snyder. She's the bomb. People tell us we look like sisters all the time. Turns out, they really do send all the cool girls to Mesa! (Sister Snyder's Dad told her that)

So that's enough about me! Why am I here in Mesa? Why am I on a mission? I don't want to bore you with details, so you get the short version. 
Like many people of the Mormon faith I was baptized at 8 years old. I made the decision to make covenants with my Heavenly Father! Over the years I have grown to truly appreciate the gospel that I embraced at such a young age. I came to know that God is my loving Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ is my Savior, and through following His example I can live with Him again someday! 
I don't know about you, but I think this is pretty awesome. Awesome enough that I want to share it with anyone and everyone who will listen! So naturally I am here on a mission! As a sister, I get the opportunity to serve for 18 months. While I am here on my mission my purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ. My full time job is to tell people about Christ and everything that He did for us. 

Here in Mesa all the full-time missionaries have the wonderful (and daunting) opportunity to use social media to fulfill our purpose! I am using Facebook as a tool to spread the good word and now I am here using this blog! 

This is where YOU come in! Yes you. Yes, Mom, if you are reading this, this is for you. Yes, you, a member of the Highgroves Ward, this is for you! Yes, you, another missionary serving in any mission that uses social media. And most definitely, yes, YOU, you who are curious about what I believe in as a Mormon!

Imagine me wearing a bright colored shirt that says "Ask Me!" on it! Please, ask me questions! I will do my very best to answer them! I want to fill this blog with the answers to the questions you have or have been asked! You can email me, message me on Facebook, even comment on this very post! I would love to hear from you :)

I know that the message I am out to share is true. I know that it can bless your life in ways you never thought possible.

Love, 
Sister Sparhawk















No comments:

Post a Comment