Saturday, March 15, 2014

Where Did I Come From? Why Am I Here? Where Am I Going?

Where did I come from? Why am I here? Where am I going? If you or someone you love has ever asked any of these questions then this is the blog post for you!

I am so blessed to have a knowledge of the plan Heavenly Father has for me! It's all thanks to the Gospel of Jesus Christ that I know that I have a purpose in life.

And your Heavenly Father has a plan for YOU too! As His children, God wants the best for us and has set us up for success in this life. I have such a strong testimony that God has organized this life and our experience here to lead us back to Him.

But first of all: where did we come from?? Well, we lived with Heavenly Father before this life. He created us as His spirit children and we dwelt with Him. But... we didn't have bodies. God has a body and He wanted us to be just like Him so we could enjoy all the blessings and experiences that He does.

So God had Jesus Christ create the Earth and place Adam and Eve on it. Adam and Eve, at that point, were still in God's presence. They were in total innocence. But eventually Satan tempted them to sin and they were cast out of God's presence. Because of this their bodies became mortal and subject to pain and disease. But they could have children and experience happiness and progress.

But that leads to why WE are here!!

"Adam fell that men might be, and men are that they might have joy." 2 Nephi 2:25

Men are that they might have joy!! Doesn't it make you happy just to know that the reason you exist is to be happy?? When I think about my purpose in life and know that God wants me to be as happy as possible I think about all the experiences I've had in my life, both bad and good, and know that all those experiences happened so I can be happy.

So HOW can we be happy in this life? Obviously we are all imperfect and experience less-than-happy things during this life time. But I know that through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, we can find true joy in this life. Because of the sacrifice that Christ made for all of God's children, you can be wiped clean of all mistakes, all pain, all heartache, and experience true and everlasting joy.

So now that we've covered this life, where do we go after this? We go to the spirit world! We are waiting for Christ to come again and after we experience physical death we go to a waiting place until the Second Coming (when Christ comes to the Earth for a second time).

"And then shall it come to pass, that the spirits of those who are righteous are received into a state of happiness, which is called paradise, a state of rest, a state of peace, where they shall rest from all their troubes and from all care, and sorrow."
Alma 40:12



When Christ comes again we will all be resurrected! It is an amazing gift we are promised, that our bodies and our spirits will be reunited again. Because Christ overcame physical death for us, we will be able to live again with the same body we have now except it will be glorified and perfected, like God's body.

We are all promised this gift of immortality, and depending on how we used our time in this life, we may be granted the gift of eternal life. If we followed the gospel of Jesus Christ by having faith and repenting, being baptized and confirmed, and enduring to the end we will be permitted to live with our Heavenly Father once again in the celestial kingdom!

I know that I want to live with God again. When I think about being able to be in His presence I know that I would do anything to receive that gift. And I have come to know that that gift is available to me and to everyone on the Earth who is willing to put in the work for it.

I am so grateful for this plan that Heavenly Father has for me. I know that through keeping the commandments, learning about and following my Savior, and sharing the good word I can live with God again someday and experience eternal happiness.

"Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: ye shall have eternal life."
2 Nephi 31:20



Here's my family, enjoy. I'm glad I get to be with this crazy bunch forever :)

Love,
Sister Sparhawk

No comments:

Post a Comment