Tuesday, May 20, 2014

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things...

Today I want to share a few of my favorite things with you all. Some of these things are big deals that make all of life's trials worth going through and some of them are those little things in life that make every day a little sweeter.

Scriptures
Some people say life didn't come with an Instructions Manual, I would beg to differ. This is my Book of Life Instruction. Also known as The Holy Bible, The Book of Mormon, Doctrine & Covenants, and The Pearl of Great Price. These four books of scripture make up the teachings of Jesus Christ, an account of His personal ministry, and revelation given to prophets throughout all time.



I have had this book since I was 8 years old! It was a gift to me when I was baptized. As you can see, this book has been well loved and well picked through. And I have yet to be disappointed! Whenever I have a question about anything I know I can turn to the scriptures and find doctrine to instruct me, examples from Christ's life that I can try to exemplify, and stories of prophets to inspire me to become a better disciple of Christ.

Sharing the Gospel
Have you ever recommended a favorite book or movie to someone? I know that when I discover a new favorite flavor of ice cream I want to make sure the whole world knows about it! When something brings you so much joy and so many blessings, what do you have to lose by sharing that joy with others? 

Ice Cream
Because how else am I supposed to keep cool during a hot Arizona summer day?



Temples
One of my favorite hymns is titled "Where Can I Turn for Peace?" Whenever I think about temples this song pops up in my mind. I know that temples are houses of the Lord, I know that being in the temple has given me so many opportunities for personal revelation and learning, I know that in the temple I can someday be sealed to my future husband (whoever he may be!) for time and all eternity. In the temple I can feel peace and I can feel close to the Lord.

Prayer
When I need advice, revelation, peace, comfort, or just some one to be there for me, I know I can turn directly to my Heavenly Father. Being able to communicate with my Creator has gotten me through some of the hardest times in my life and has also helped me celebrate some of the best times of my life.

"But behold, I say unto you that ye must pray always, and not faint; that ye must not perform any thing unto the Lord save in the first place ye shall pray unto the Father in the name of Christ, that he will consecrate thy performance unto thee, that thy performance may be for the welfare of thy soul."
2 Nephi 32:9

Puppies
Honestly, who wouldn't have this on their list of favorite things?



Family
Last but far from least on my list of favorite things is my family. I wouldn't be anywhere near where I am today if I hadn't had my family to support me. I am so comforted knowing that we can be a family not only for this life but for eternity after this life! And I am so excited to someday have my own family, I only hope and pray that I can be half as good an example to my children as my mom and dad were to me.




No comments:

Post a Comment