Friday, May 9, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!

With only two days until Mother's Day, missionaries around the world are buzzing and getting ready to do something we only get to do twice a year.

Call our families!

When people find out we can only talk to our families on Christmas and Mother's Day the first question out of their mouths is... why Mother's Day? Why not on Father's Day or Easter or Birthdays?

I want to dedicate this blog post to why I'm so glad I get to call my family on Mother's Day!

My mom is AWESOME!!


We're also pretty dang cute.

Here's a short list of just a few of the things my mom has done for me:

Given me an example of pure love
Shown me how to follow promptings from the Spirit
Taught me how important being healthy is
Stayed cool when I told her about the dumb things I've done
Forgiven me countless times
Curled my hair for me when I was little
Let me curl her hair for her when I was older
Didn't make me eat the foods I didn't like (usually)
Given me an example of the kind of wife and mother I want to be someday

(I guess she always wears sunglasses?)

Anyway.... before I overwhelm you with the level of amazing that my mother has achieved, let me tell you that the best thing my mom has ever done for me is that she raised me in the church.
She gave me the example of attending church every week, living the commandments, loving Christ and the Atonement, and fulfilling every calling given to her.

This Sunday, do something to show your mom that you love her and that you appreciate everything she did and still does for you.

I love you Mom!!!

Check out this video that the church made to celebrate moms everywhere!

Love,
Sister Sparhawk




No comments:

Post a Comment