Thursday, July 31, 2014

Sharing Your Beliefs

Watch this Mormon Message about how we can share the things we believe in using all forms of communication we've been given!


I want to talk about President Uchtdorf''s plea to "always preach the Gospel, and when necessary, use words."

How can YOU help spread a little bit of the happiness you feel when you pray, read the scriptures, or serve others? We have been blessed with so many ways to share the gospel! One of those ways is what you are looking at right now! A blog! I've learned a lot and had some really great experiences sharing what I know to be true through this blog. If you feel so inclined, you can be a missionary through a little piece of the internet! It's fast, easy, and you can be yourself while fulfilling the commandment to share the gospel! 

In the video it showed a girl sending pictures with scriptures. This can be such a fun and easy way to help someone else feel the Spirit! As a missionary I know that the message that I have to deliver is of great worth, but I rarely feel adequate to be the one delivering it. Luckily, it doesn't matter how eloquent I am when I speak! If I am sharing the gospel out of love and I am trying my hardest then it only matters that the people I'm talking to are feeling the Spirit, Heavenly Father will take care of me and make up everything that I lack! And nothing brings the Spirit like the scriptures! Share a scripture and a picture with someone today and help them feel the love their Heavenly Father has for them!



As missionaries in the Arizona Mesa Mission we get to use Facebook to invite others to come unto Christ! Facebook and other social media sites are such an easy and universal way to share your beliefs! Post a picture of the Savior, a temple, or a favorite scripture!

And when you're not using the internet to share the gospel, then "...be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity." (1 Timothy 4:12) Just the way you live your life can be the best way to show people that you are a disciple of Jesus Christ!

"And now, behold, I say unto you, that the things which will be of the most worth unto you will be to declare repentance unto this people, that you may bring souls unto me, that you may rest with them in the kingdom of my Father. Amen." D&C 16:6

I invite everyone who reads this to find a way to use the modern technology that we've been blessed with to share the gospel! I know that this will bring happiness and blessings!


No comments:

Post a Comment