Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Part 6: Enduring To The End

Congratulations! You've officially made it to the end of this blog series. As I've had the opportunity to write about the Gospel of Jesus Christ I have strengthened my own testimony and come to know how important this gospel is to everyone on the earth!

"And now, my beloved brethren, after ye have gotten into this strait and narrow path, I would ask if all is done? Behold, I say unto you, Nay; for ye have not come thus far save it were by the word of Christ with unshaken faith in him, relying wholly upon the merits of him who is mighty to save.

Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life."

Even though baptism and receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost are one time things, we never stop progressing and learning. We can continually build our faith, we should continually repent of sins (spoiler alert, you'll continue to make mistakes even after you're baptized!), and we continually work to keep the covenants we have made.

Enduring to the end can be the hardest step in following the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It requires patience! Watch this Mormon Message on patience and think about why enduring to the end in the gospel requires us to be patient with ourselves as well as others.


Too cute, right?! I already have the first marshmallow, I've made covenants with my Heavenly Father and I am extremely blessed. But I know that if I am patient and live like I should I will be blessed yet again with that second marshmallow, eternal life!

"And, if you keep my commandments and endure to the end you shall have eternal life, which gift is the greatest of all the gifts of God."
D&C 14:7

I know that by making the gospel a pattern of living you can draw closer to God. You can continue to progress and grow in the gospel your entire life. If we endure to the end we will be rewarded and be able to live with our Heavenly Father again someday.



I invite everyone who reads this to think about the ways you can improve how you endure to the end. Whether that be working on patience, keeping an eternal perspective, or looking ahead to future blessings.

I know that following the gospel of Jesus Christ brings happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment