Wednesday, September 24, 2014

The Hope Of God's Light

Today's post is for those who may not know that they have a loving Heavenly Father taking care of them. Watch this true story of a man who came to know that life is so much more when you know your identity as a child of God.


To anyone out there who may be questioning whether God is real or if He cares, I testify with all my heart that He is there. He loves you and He needs you. I have felt His love and it is the sweetest feeling in the world. I can promise you that sincere prayers are answered.

Just like Todd Sylvester's prayer was answered, I know that all my prayers can be answered and so can yours!

"And through the power of the Holy Ghost, ye may know the truth of all things."
Moroni 10:5

When any prayer is answered, it's through the power of the Holy Ghost. I know I've written about the Holy Ghost before, but I'll do a quick review! The Holy Ghost is the third member of the Godhead. He is a personage of spirit, meaning he doesn't have a body. The Holy Ghost's role is to be our helper in this life. He comforts us, teaches us, guides us, warns us, he even helps Heavenly Father answer prayers!

After saying a prayer or reading scriptures or doing anything of importance, have you ever felt a warm fuzzy feeling? That's the Holy Ghost! Those warm fuzzies are how prayers are sometimes answered! We know that for Todd his prayer was answered while a prayer was being said, he felt good and he felt accepted. Through the feelings that the Holy Ghost gave him he knew that God was real and that God loved him.

I can't emphasize enough how much God loves each and every one of His children and wants to answer our prayers. Sometimes He takes awhile to let those answers show because we need to be ready for them, but the answer always comes at just the right moment.


I invite everyone who reads this, whether you believe in God or not, to kneel in prayer and ask God if He is there. I can promise you that through the Holy Ghost you will feel His presence. I can't promise it will be right away, but it will be right when you need to feel His love most.

No comments:

Post a Comment