Thursday, January 8, 2015

Daughters Of God

Ok Sisters, this one's for you! Watch this Mormon Message about how women all across the world are making an impact through the gospel of Jesus Christ.


It makes me feel so good to know that I'm a part of that world-wide women's organization. Relief Society! As a Mormon woman I feel empowered and strengthened by my membership in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

I love the confidence I see in this video. Nothing makes me feel better than to see women who see their potential, their strengths, and how strong their influence can be in the world. In the April 2004 General Conference, Thomas S Monson gave a talk about our personal influence. He said "As we follow that Man of Galilee—even the Lord Jesus Christ—our personal influence will be felt for good wherever we are, whatever our callings." (Read his full address here)



I know that this is true. That as we strive to exemplify Christ people will notice. Through our efforts to live the gospel we can make the world a better place. Women have such a powerful force in the world right now, take advantage of that and make a difference for the better!

In a talk about the Moral Force of Women, Elder D. Todd Christofferson said "Your intuition is to do good and to be good, and as you follow the Holy Spirit, your moral authority and influence will grow." As women, we have a certain attributes given to us from God. Those are the attributes that will help us prosper in this life and help as many others as we can.



So, while I'm all about girl power and feminism, let's remember that we were made the way we were made for a reason. I am proud to be a Mormon woman, I love being strong and feminine at the same time. I know that as I live the gospel of Jesus Christ I can have an influence in this world and in my family. A past General Young Women's President, Margaret D. Nadauld gave a wonderful quote that I will end with.

"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity."

No comments:

Post a Comment